HomeGoods Home Run

I was asked to tweak a little girl's room.  Translation:  transform her room on a shoestring budget.  "No problem", I say.  I love a challenge.  I took a stroll through Home Goods the other day and the planets must have been aligned because....SCORE!  I saw a beautiful turquoise Mongolian lamb pouf from across the room.  As I was racing towards it something distracted me.  Could it be,  a balloon dog sculpture a la Jeff Koons?  Unbelievable!  Then I looked to the left, and sitting in a corner amongst a few things was a side table that reminded me of the little gem I had admired at the New York Gift Show by a popular vendor.  GRAND SLAM!!



We are keeping the mint green wall color, black headboard, and the sisal looking carpet.  With the addition of a beautiful floral fabric remnant, a BIG cork board, butterfly wall stickers, and some paper lanterns, Viola!


Beautiful Bedding fabric


close up of similar , more expensive table


Museum worthy Jeff Koons balloon dog. 


In the end, whether it's small job or a full blown renovation with the ability to dream big, making the client happy is all that ever really matters.  That's where the satisfaction lies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO