The Trends driving 2013 ~ part 2


Domus Nova via desire to Inspire

Chintz is back; softer and mixed with a more modern sensibility.  It's not your grandmother's glazed, shiny cotton chintz of old.  The colors are being reworked and updated on many archival prints.


Manuel Canovas




Digital printing is the wave of the future.  My girl Mary was a real innovator and many are hot on her heels.





These juxtaposed photo realist prints transfer easily off the runway and into the home, and vice versa.  Jakob Schlaepfer is doing innovative things with textiles.  I mentioned Charlotte Moss is working on a digitally printed fabric line based, I believe, on English garden design.  She spoke of it at a seminar recently.  I love them already!





There are always those that push the boundaries.  Wow, it is like I'm in the Rockies about to go over a cliff. I think I'd like my sofa a little less precarious, a little more zen.

Gaetano Pesce

The look of lace takes a hard line approach.  It's tough and tender, masculine and feminine.  Old school meets new school as we see the look applied in innovative ways.





Richard Schultz


Matthew Patrick Smyth


The bright and the beautiful; color will be saturated and bold.  While gray and pastels still have their place, optimism makes an appearance in the form of primary colors


M. Design Interiors


via The Decorologist


Thomas Britt


There's a lot to look forward to.  I have a feeling 2013 is gonna be a good year ~ but I don't want to rush anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO