Head In The Clouds




As I was flying home from the Florida job I was treated to a beautiful display of cloud configurations.  Who isn't completely mesmerized by the other worldliness of the look of clouds, especially when you are IN them and not just looking up at them?  The billowiness, the opacity, the shapes I imagined I saw: I was so taken, I wanted to stay on cloud nine a bit longer.


These curly cue clouds have a chinoiserie feel.  It is a traditional pattern in Japanese design. Along with waves and cherry blossoms among others.

Savel Textiles

This wallpaper always seems magical to me.  Universally, clouds are the quintessential symbol for serenity and peacefulness; perfect for a bedroom (or any room).


Fornesetti via Cole and Son

Speaking of magical ~ Science and art intersect when Dutch artist Berndnaut Smilde literally creates nimbus clouds in interiors for a photo surreal effect!




I always enjoy a Wade Hoefer Cloud painting.




With the lightness of a cloud and the movement of water, designer  Tokujin Yoshioka's paper cloud sofa is inspired by nature.  It looks like it floats in a room.




May peaceful slumber come over you as you sleep under the cloud formations above the bed.  That's a mouthful!

Coffinier Ku Designs


What a perfect shape for a quirky mirror  that most certainly will turn into a conversation piece


Kristen Kelli, LLC


The Cloud House: McBride Charles Ryan created a playful addition:  Crazy inside and out.







Contemporary lighting is a natural fit for this diaphanous design.




I must have been channeling Marc Jacobs because his Fall 2014 show was all about the cloud.  Who knew?


ph:Jesse Miller

ph:Clint Spaulding


Hello, Häagen Dazs, why have we not seen the dusk and dawn ice cream clouds in the states?   Design team FONT, in collaboration with the ice cream company, sells these treats in London, Brussels, Madrid, Barcelona, and France.

"As Scandinavians snow is an essential part of our winters," said the designers. "We were inspired by how the snow clouds in the north transform the landscape. We made an ice cream snow cloud that sprinkles snowflakes on your plate."







I would like snowflakes on my plate while my head's in the clouds.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO