Be Still My Heart


Valentine's Day is once again upon us.  I myself do not need a day to show and tell those I love that I love them.  But, a token of affection is always appreciated this Valentine's day or better yet, any other day.  Nothing says I love you like a ruby red Baccarat heart, but professing it with the written word on Dempsey and Carroll stationary is a good place to start.  I do so love a good love letter, much to the chagrin of my husband.




I understand writing love letters and showing signs of affection is good for your heart and overall health.  It reminds us of the simple joys in life; being grateful for the love and laughter, companionship and communication that make our lives complete.

A shagreen box from the Aerin Collection is a pretty reminder on a vanity or by the bed ~




Something a little more permanent perhaps, like wallpaper?  It's subtle but gets the point across (all your walls)

unknown source, share if you know


A druzy stone would be a weighty reminder of how much you are loved ~




Kelly Wearstler must be in the mood for love ~ her alpaca throw envelopes you with the vibe



Show me your big (bronze) heart on marble ~




AND she collaborated with the artist Shantell Martin to give voice to her iconic pieces using a graphic depiction with lines and language ~




A Jim Dine lawn sculpture tells the world you are loved in a big way ~





Tracey Emin's neon proclamation would make this girl's heart flutter for sure ~





We all know it's the sentiment that counts!   I would like to take this opportunity to say how grateful I am to all of you, my readers, friends, and family for the support and encouragement I have received over the years.

 More importantly ~

You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
                                               Buddha


Remember that, if you remember nothing else!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO