Stairway to Savage



That is the hashtag Nashville interior designer Jonathan Savage of Savage Interiors created for his space in the 45th annual Kips Bay Show House.   I couldn't make it to the opening, but better late than never as they say.  A few rooms were the subject of much social media, but I still did not know what to expect.  As always, Kips Bay never disappoints.  Each and every space was photo worthy!  These two spaces WOWED me because sometimes stairs and landings don't convey a fully fleshed out design story.

Beginning at the front door before I got to the #stairwaytosavage, I was greeted to a melange of style, drama and whimsy.  Canadian design firm Powell & Bonnell crafted a magnificent foyer and hallway using the strength of the original classic Georgian architecture mixed with strong linear lines juxtaposed with soft upholstery and curves.




The neon framed art by Thrush Holmes helped convey the old meets new, modern meets traditional story play out, as does the mesmerizing criss cross hanging ceiling sculpture by Ridgely Studio Works












Ascending the double wide staircase, I'm glad I looked down.  I am so loving the barely there lucite carpet rods.



Once I looked up, magnificence unfolded before my eyes.  A menagerie of animals hid amongst the flora and fauna designed in plaster by MJ Atelier ~ hand applied plaster to a painted canvas (check out the video on the website to see the process).  It's depth and dimension played off the master design plan created by Savage Interiors beautifully.







Billy Haines lucite sconces, custom mirrors, settee and a console by Stephen Antonson round out this opulent space.








Nice, no?







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO