My Mind is in the Mountains






I don't know if it's because it's cold in Florida or because I am usually in the mountains about now, but my mind has been in the mountains this week.




When it warms up,  When I take off the sweaters, I'll get into the Miami state of mind, but until then... I am looking for a fireplace and a warm blanket.




I not only loved this property because it's gorgeous, but I loved the fact that a pair of in-laws grew close after their kids married, and that when a lot became available in Sun Valley, one couple built next to the other couple so they could all be close.  I love that on so many levels!




The owners envisioned a 6,000 square foot getaway that was calm and welcoming for generations to come.  They used the same team that their in-laws used, so the architect, Jim McLaughlin, builder McQueen Construction and designer Jennifer Hoey had the luxury of designing for both families.








Reclaimed wood and hand hewn timbers picked by hand one at a time, and French limestone floors give their new construction an old world look, but with a sense of permanence.  Most rooms are oriented towards the dramatic mountain range, others to the river.  It's equal parts rustic and elegant.













What a beautiful home for family and friends to gather, no matter the season.  I think it's picture perfect!





Photos by Gibeon Photography











SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO