Hampton Showhouse ~ 2013




I feel I am woefully behind posting on all the activities happening this summer.  It has been a whirlwind!

I can't forget the Hamptons' Show House.  I plan my summer weekend around the ability to see this always inspiring house.  It has received much coverage, so I will show you what I fell in love with ~ I felt a bit of déjà vu, as if I was walking into the same space as last year, but the 2013 house has bigger, with better proportions (or so I was told).
Again, while all the rooms are gorgeous and notable, I am mentioning but a few.

What is the first thing my little eye spied?  Fabulous lighting.  The sunlight danced off the bits of mirror of this dramatic Corbett light fixture, and drew me in like a moth to a flame.




And I kept going, following the glimmer and glow toward the Scalamandre dancing zebras, always a designer favorite, thru the butler's pantry.  The grill work on the cabinet doors reinforced the jewelry for the home theme I was seeing.




I didn't have time to catch my breath before being swept up in Sherrill Canet's ethnic inspired living space.  Using colorful Suzani print fabric, restful neutrals, and dramatic punches, she always entertains the eye.  I do love a take away; these assorted mirrors make a dramatic display that anyone can create in their own home.  It's easy, can be done inexpensively, and the mirrors can mix or match




I loved the laser wood cut outs covering a few of the windows.  I am going to have to borrow that idea.




AND more great lighting, as the hammered brass and crystal pendent was a perfect counterpart to the treasures residing in the room from Carlos de La Puente.




Celerie Kimble's huge bedroom filled with her eponymous collections; everything from her wallpaper to furniture, all gorgeous, curated with an exacting eye.  It is elegant yet comfortable with a bit of whimsy, a Celerie signature.










There was a lot of "jewelry" in the room:  gold, bone, sparkle = LOVE




Thru the open fireplace to the space beyond sat probably my favorite room in the house by Bradley Stephens.  I cannot resist animal print, fur, Lindsey Adelman lighting, and an eye for upscale detail!










Vintage Vuitton suitcases are tucked discreetly under the daybed.  The combination of rough and luxe resonates!










You always know when you walk into a Barbra Ostrom designed room.  It's going to be over the top with a wonderful mixture of texture and lots of layering.  Again with the fur, the faux bois (wallpaper) and painted floral ceiling, it is beachy.  But, it's anything but predictable.





Jewelry for the home was a theme I saw in many of the rooms, and each time caught my attention.  From the beautiful drawer pulls by Finesse on the bath cabinetry



to the hardware in the kitchen by Bakes and Co. ~ each beautifies and enhances:  Design details that matter!  Notice too, the doors coordinate from one side of the room to the other but do not match.



Art always takes center stage in a show house.  An eclectic collection of  pieces, married with an assortment of Hermes scarves, either  framed or used as pillows within Lynn Scalo's bedroom spoke of a love for fun and adventure.



I just loved the muted colors, the linen sofa you felt like you could fall into, the unexpected choice to do the stripe wallpaper on the  pitched ceiling for added dramatic effect, and the "barely there" sculpture that gave the room dimentionality, by Baltimore Design Group.






The dramatic 2 story living room of Brian Del Toro with it's faux bois wallpaper (again) and very sophisticated red,white, and blue color scheme married an array of antiques, mid century, and contemporary furnishings with aplomb.  Brian was inspired by a recent trip to China and a costume he saw at the Opera while there.  It drew me in, but also framed the backyard which drew me out.  Not an easy task!







 The out door space was as equally serene as it was and hip.  There were a lot of nice "moments" and spaces for out door entertaining.










Ahhh, I could be happy here.  Have I said that before?

The Hampton Designer Showhouse is only open for another 10 days, so if you get a chance, it is something to see!






1 comment:

  1. Gr8 write-up Carrie. Thank you so much for all the links! Toured the house yesterday so all the ideas are fresh in my mind. I agree with your comments - good work!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO