Talk to the Hand

@ !st Dibs

I have long been swooning over the iconic Pedro Friedeberg hand chair.  It is equal amounts edgy, cool, and functional.  Surprisingly, it is comfortable too.


Kelly Behun


Whenever you see "the hand," whether it be in a room full of traditional furniture, antique filled interiors, or in the home of a modernist, it screams hip.

You must take a look at Pedro's website, just to see his many quips.  An Italian humorist by way of Mexico; this man must be a panic!


Jorge Elias


Kelly Wearstler's Office


Sig Bergamin


Jonathan Adler

"I have invented several styles of architecture, as well as one new religion and two salads.  I am particularly fond of social problems and cloud formations. My work is profoundly profound."

"I admire everything that is useless, frivolous, and whimsical.  I hate functionalism, post modernism, and almost everything else.  I do not agree with the dictum that houses are supposed to be ‘machines to live in’.  For me, the house and its objects is supposed to be some crazy place that make you laugh." ~ Pedro


Emily Henderson


Jamie Drake via Todd Merril



Michael Herold

Turns a serious room on its ear


Gwynn Griffith

In this bathroom it's kinda crazy, sexy, cool ~ maybe that's just Lenny Kravitz (did you know he's a musician and a designer?)


Lenny Kravitz

There are plenty of imitators out there.  While there is nothing wrong with that, if you are interested in an original, look for long slender, detailed fingers, a signature, and a 5 figure price tag





Hmmm, let me ponder that.







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO