An Empty Nest

Trove Wallpaper

Roots and Wings

If I could give you many things,
I'd give you gold and silver rings
Of knowledge that I've gained with years
The gift of smiling through the tears
Confidence, courage, determination
Laughter and spirit and love of creation,
Wrapped up in a box with a bow, I'd give
To you these gifts to keep as long as you live.
"If I could give you just two things,
One would be roots, the other, Wings."
Roots, not to tie you to the ground,
But to guide you to where your fulfillment is found.
The nourishing start, the firm foundation, 
The source of your inner determination.
Wings to soar over obstacles, wings to fly free,
Wings to glide to the heights of the best you can be.
And when obstacles loom, from your roots grows a hand
Providing a strong, sturdy, safe place to land.
I'd choose these two things for the gifts that are best,

For with Roots and with Wings, you'll find the rest!
                                                    ~anon


Gracie wallpaper


My youngest son has left the nest, moved out of state to join his brother.  The house is empty and quiet and cold and dark and a little lifeless.  I find myself saying, "I'm an empty nester" to describe my new station in life, a transition that is difficult at best.  Coincidentally, everywhere I look I see all forms of birds and cages and nests. 

                                 
Miles Redd



Hunt Slonem painting



Faberge Egg



Antique Gilded Cage Mirrors



ph: Penny Morrison


Tom Sheerer



Jonathan Adler

John Derian Nest Bowl


Roost birdcage lighting



Douglas Friedman



Ingo Murer Birdie Chandelier


Dedon, The Nest Rest





Global Views



Bye bye birdie cocktail table by Frøystad + Kloch







I gave them wings so they could fly, but they assured me I will always represent home to them. That's all a mother can ask.
<3 to J and D












1 comment:

  1. What inspiring theme. Love the Chandelier and the Rest Nest Hammock. Could use those anywhere and are very creative and elegantly done.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO