Into the Fringe

via style.com


I thought my wild child days were behind me, but all these fringe elements are making my heart race and are bringing me back.  I loved fringe, tassels, and adornments of all kinds.  Then the look was streamlined, and clean lines reined supreme.  The pendulum swings both ways.  Everything tilts in the other direction again eventually.  We are going to see more embellishments in a multitude of ways, in a multitude of materials.  I do love me some embellishment!

Even Celine, noted for a less is more approach, is getting in on the act ~

Celine wild child 


The fringe benefit of this little decorative gem is ~ it can look rustic, classic, bohemian, southwestern.  It's application and versatility make it dramatic, feminine, historic, or quirky.

Mia Pendent, Circa Lighting



Altuzarra, ph:ImaxTree




Donna Karan




Giuseppe Zanotti



You know this means bullion is back.  I love the classic look of the trim gracing the bottom of a sofa.




Valentino embraced fringe!



as did Ralph ~
Ralph Lauren,ph:Giovanni Giannoni


via Cindy Hernadez

and Givenchy ~









and Oscar ~


Oscar de la Renta



It's a movement and it's having its moment.  Can the tassel be far behind?





















No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO