Spring Awakening





You may or may not know that I have been in training to pursue certification as a life coach.  Design will always be a passionate pursuit, but I felt a calling to this work as well.  I feel like I am having a full circle moment because I was a psych major in college, but fashion and design were my true callings; my North Star, as the very wise Martha Beck calls it.  It's Martha's program that most resonated with me when I was researching under whom I wanted to train.  Three degrees from Harvard and the backing of Oprah can't be wrong!

My thoughts were causing me pain over the past couple years and I felt the need to "retrain" my brain; to accept the things I cannot change (no it's not a 12 step program), but it may become a religion once I understand how to dissolve self defeating thoughts and live by the work.  And by The Work I mean Byron Katie's work.  It's all about turnarounds and just shifting one's perspective.  It's so powerful, I decided why not share it?  So, while I got into it "for me," the desire to share it and incorporate it, is an endeavor I will figure out how to do in the coming months.

What is a life coach you ask?  Life coaches, unlike therapists help take you from preforming to high performing.  We don't deal in the past, we don't deal with deep trauma, we help you reach desired goals.  It's collaborative, goal oriented, focused on solutions, and it's fascinating!

I had a huge AHA moment recently!  It really rocked me.  It's like the clouds parted, heaven opened up, and the angels sang!


Photo capture from WestEdge Design Fair when I was in CA.
with BlogtourCali & Modenus


Unlike the fleeting blossom of the Cherry tree, enlightenment lasts and forever changes you.



 "TRANSFORMATION HAPPENS WHEN YOU DARE TO BE AWAKENED TO GREATER HEIGHTS.  WHEN YOU STAY OPEN NO MATTER WHAT, LETTING EACH EXPERIENCE, ESPECIALLY THE TOUGH ONES, STRENGTHEN YOU, AND ADD DEPTH AND WISDOM."
                                                                          ~ Oprah















1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you! Every piece of your life is going to feel better because you are honoring your callings! I have spent the last year combining design and coaching/spiritual work . Once you find that sweet spot, it just all falls into place! So happy for you friend. You're going to be an amazing life coach!

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO