My Dream Closet




If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you know I have been fantasizing about moving for some time, that I love anything animal print, and I created a (locally) semi famous closet  for a client.

So when COMPASS came and asked me if I would be interested in designing a dream closet of my own, hypothetically speaking, I said, "YES!"  I believe in writing things down and the power of vision boards.  I just did a post on manifesting dreams.  I believe in the power of dreaming and scheming.  So maybe one day after this post, this may come true and I'll have a dream closet too!

I didn't have that much difficulty coming up with exactly what I would want.  All my favorite design items that I covet, in one fabulously organized room where my clothes (color coordinated of course) were the focal point, only to be out shown by a few key pieces, and I would call said room my closet; yes, yes, and yes.

I envision beautiful white built-ins with white Venetian plastered walls and a hand painted, custom colored de Gourney cherry blossom wallpaper on the ceiling.  Like a bud off one of the branches would hang a Lindsey Adelman light fixture that could bring tears to your (my) eyes.

The Herve Van Der Straeten bench takes center stage atop a zebra rug that would sit on African walnut floors.  I gaze towards my beautiful wardrobe contemplating the day, sipping an espresso from my coffee/wine bar that would be neatly tucked into an antique armoire.  Across the room it reflects in the giant gilt mirror that also throws light on my simple but elegant Barbara Barry vanity with a Christopher Spitzmiller lamp on top.      

Don't even get me started on the bathroom/spa that would open up off of that.
Heaven, I would be in heaven....







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO