The Baguette is Back!




Hello lover.  I knew it was only a matter of time before you would reappear.  I've been waiting and watching for you to make a return.  The original "it bag" by Fendi is celebrating 15 years already.  Silvia Venturini's little creation launched a world wide love affair.  Marking the occasion ~



6 styles are being re-released to coincide with a book:  Fendi Baguette.  Look for it in stores beginning this month.  The tome features interviews and pictures of some 250 variations of the iconic bag.







I remember the insanity as each new bag came out.  Like little works of art, I could never decide which I loved more.  They were all so visually exciting.  The materials:  denim, raffia, python, wool.  The embellishments:  hand painting, hand beading, embroidery, mirror; it was dazzling!






The name baguette came from the way you were meant to hold it, under your arm like a loaf of french bread.  
I may need to add to my collection ~ This gives a whole new meaning to the term, carbo loading.




ph: Departures, Fashion Telegraph UK








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO