Artfully Stacked




I love the look of artfully stacked wood.  It's not just practical ~ it's sculptural.  There is no reason why form and function cannot co-exist, even in the most utilitarian of objects.






Nordic Designs


Darryl Carter


Kathryn Ireland


Lillan August


Not unlike art in a room, the chopped wood becomes a focal point; a three dimensional element that is heavy on texture and layers in added warmth.  Even if there isn't a fire blazing nearby, it still has a significant coziness factor.


via CamilleStyles


via Shelter ID


Erin Martin







RL for  DIFFA








I practice what I preach ~ my den; but you can be sure I make sure all the wood is stacked evenly.  The structure of the stacks is where the artfulness comes in.  Messy won't do!















No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO