Kitchen Dreaming


Bakes and Kropp



I have been dreaming of a new kitchen as of late.  It would definitely include warm wood with a rustic touch, a contemporary, clean lined aesthetic with lots of built in gadgets and mixed metals.

 These are some pictures I am inspired by at this time.  Insert sigh here.




I am wowed by a sculptural statement





and herringbone or chevron patterned floors to bring in an old world yet totally contemporary feel.  This mirrored island is to die for, but the fingerprint situation creates drawbacks.


Anne Louise Due de Fønss





I am over my beige cabinets.  I want white and bright!  While white kitchens are still trending, warmth is built in by way of layered materials,


Jute Interior Design


Jennifer Asmar


and open to the gorgeousness of a combination of woods.





Marble is a must have for me but quartz is a close second.  Dark countertops are reappearing.  Apparently, as told to me by a realtor, "Nobody wants granite right now."  Hood ranges are becoming an obvious focal point when upper cabinets are omitted.





I love the open shelf concept.  Open shelving is not going anywhere.  It's an obvious place to make a statement.





I am dying for a waterfall countertop, perhaps with a niche





I always wanted a built in coffee maker just because its too cool for school.  Reclaimed wood or anything rustic makes my heart pitter patter.  Pecky cypress bridges the rustic and the refined.





And if it included a Lindsey Adelman light fixture, I'd be forever grateful






Kelly Behun

A WOW  moment is never off trend.
Grey was on everyone's hit list last year, but  blue or blue-grey are making more of an appearance. According to Elle Decor, sage is the color of the season.

Charlotte Lucas





A girl can dream





Photos from Pinterest.  If any of these projects are yours or you know whose they are, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO