The Ebb and Flow



Moving forward, I  think I will begin a Mindful Monday message on the 1st Monday of each month. That way you can come to expect some sort of wellness post on a more regular basis.  I will give you some tips/tricks or antidotes to help you #livebeautiFULLY

Life is fluid, some days we're up, some days we're down or in my case some months.
I have not been having an easy time of late and maybe you are dealing with your own struggles.   I was thinking long and hard about how to handle my pain and grief; physically and emotionally.  I am not ready to talk about the imminent  passing of a loved one, but I will say the feelings that are brought up are overwhelming and all consuming.



I am a proactive person.  If something is broken I want to try to fix it.  If a problem is creating too much suffering, I try to change the way I think about it, but grief and sadness are meant to be felt. You cannot wish it away, put on a happy face or change your thoughts around it.  It truly is what it is.

OR is it?  Is there something you can do?  We have all heard about the importance of gratitude.  No matter what is going on, it is so important to understand the need to take a moment to recognize what we have to be thankful for.




Make a list of all the things you are thankful for.  I am talking big picture gratitude, not the daily things we might list,when we/if we, write a gratitude journal.  Whatever that looks like to you.




When things get to be too much, BREATH and with each breath say this ~

                                                      I am fine,
                                                      I am safe,
                                                      I have everything I need in this moment

It may seem like a simple thing but sometimes it's all you've got.  Next time you feel overwhelmed, anxiety ridden, or out of control, try it.  Also. being in nature psychologically does wonders!  We know that immersing yourself in nature, or even looking at beautiful pictures of nature ( if that is all you can do) reduces stress and heightens overall wellbeing.  It makes us feel connected to something bigger than ourselves and for a moment you may just forget your own problems, if even for just that moment.



and laughter... look for opportunities to laugh... life's best medicine.





#alifecoachlesson





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO