The Big Black Box


Jeff Lewis
 
In the lexicon of new words ushered in for the year 2014,  I think I heard binge watching, as in watching TV, episode after episode of a particular show.  Hello, GUILTY.  My husband and I were very busy watching all the Netflix shows over the holiday.  I am telling you almost nothing else got done.  We were obsessed!
Sitting in front of that black box hour after hour, I started thinking about the placement of it.  I asked myself if I was truly comfortable, were the height and distance sufficient?  These are questions you should ask as well.

Phillip Gorivan

I love the idea of the TV above the fireplace.  Focal points stacked neatly above each other, neither    vying for our attention more than the other.  Plus, it makes creating a seating arrangement that much easier.  Putting the TV on an arm that rotates or angles helps with the possible neck strain issue if it happens to sit a little too high over the mantle.


Bunny Williams


via decorpad

Incorporating the TV into a series of shelves or media cabinets doesn't exactly hide a TV, but it does mask it.  Surrounded by books, accessories, more media equipment, and the like, there is no definitive focal point, which just may be the point.


via Lonny







While I don't have a problem walking into a room and seeing a television, after all it is a big part of our  everyday lives, there is something serene about the absence of seeing it as well.  Hidden behind panels, pictures, and wall hangings, all cleverly disguise the offending object.


Julia Blailock via Cote De Texas







The rails with which theses paintings slide open to expose the TV are relevant to the overall design.  Be mindful of that.  I have seen some that didn't make much sense when the artwork was in place




If I ever redid a bath...a TV in mirror seems the epitome of luxury.





I'm kinda freaking out over this.  It's a TV, no it's a fireplace, wait, crazy but true ~ it's both!  The ultimate space saver!  Not only is it exceptional looking, but you could slide it into an apartment or tight space without missing a beat, and the mirror is light reflective ~ Be still my heart!


Safretti



Which camp do you fall within?  Are you; someone who likes to see a TV in a room or someone who likes it hidden?






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO