California Or Bust



California here I come.  As I mentioned, I was invited to attend Modenus' #Blogtour Cali or what has also been coined, "A well designed life."  This is a sponsored trip by Mr. Steam Miele USA, ZephyrDXV, and West Edge Design.  The theme being, if it is not obvious, that your environment and your holistic approach to everyday living is equally as important as surrounding yourself with good design.

A little wine, a little design, a little relaxation, a little education.  I can't wait!  This feels very special.

We begin at West Edge Design Fair at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica.  I am more than intrigued   to discover that west coast causal vibe and hope to meet new design talent that I can incorporate into future projects.  We are also meeting up with many bloggers that live in the area; a blogtoberfest if you will.
A fun evening is planned while helping heal the bay.  I will be mixing and mingling with fellow designers and bold faced bigwigs of the design world.


I wholly support Clean Ocean conservancy organizations (in this case a bay, but still) and have been called the fish whisperer because I have had a fish swimming in a bowl for 19 years.  He's totally part of the family.





As if driving the coast isn't spectacular enough, we are stopping along the way for some R and R (red wine and relaxation).  The Bacara Resort in Santa Barbara will host us for spa treatments, yoga, and a little lunch.  We will be experiencing first hand the pleasure of incorporating steam into a bathing ritual as a part of a wellness way of life thanks to Mr Steam.

Ahh, take me away...




and get me another drink.  Dinner and wine tasting round out the evening at Caliza winery




We will be dining the following night with California architect extraordinaire Fu Tung Cheng.  He is an award winning architect known for his sophisticed modern designs.  Mr. Cheng has a unique kitchen hood collection with Zephyr.





There will be cocktail parties, rooftop dinners, a mixology class, and a tour around San Francisco.  I hope I am sober enough to keep up the social media!!
Follow along,  I can be found on Twitter @cleskowitz and on Instagram @carrieleskowitz.
But not to worry, there will be lots of wrap ups and hi lights on the blog when I return.

Namaste





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO