My, What A Big Clam You Have


Maybe it's the season, maybe the trend is becoming more popular, maybe shells are on my radar but I am loving the use of clam shells in decor. Not just in the typical beach interior either.  I like the unexpected surprise.



Barry Dixon 


unknown


Barry Dixon


Martyn Lawrence Bullard

Bathrooms seem to be the popular place for them to take up residence but I like them in a MORE unexpected place.


Doyle McCullar


John Derian


via Adobe Love


via Veranda


Beth Martin


Massucco Warner Miller 


Hutton Wilkinson for Tony Duquette

Resin or Real, used to hold something or left empty ~ these shells make their presence felt.  They're graceful lines and naturally beautiful texture become a neutral accessory in a room.  They can be found at all price points. How would you put this clam to use?





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO