I'm Lovin ~ Kravet's Painterly Fabric



I gravitated towards Kravet's Delacroix fabric the minute I saw it. The optimistic,impressionistic fabric drew me in.  I have been seeing painterly fabrics on the runways of late and it's colorful, unevenly dyed, broken lined pattern just speaks to me right now.

The fabric, like a blank canvas, holds the promise of being molded into something new, something unexpected, something dramatic.

This chair was featured on a One Kings Lane sale and I have to say it makes a pretty good mid century modern design shine ~




Not too shabby on a French  frame either ~




Kim Salmela is slightly obsessed, using it on several products in her line ~




Add solids, animal, stripe or geometrical prints and you've got a complete fabric story in any palette that strikes the right note.






One bright statement in a room wakes up everything around it.
(I am showing art, substitute the fabric, the theory is the same)



Or neutrals recede and brights POP



Then again, you could totally work it into a room full of jewel tones.


By no means is this the only option.  Love the look but the boldness doesn't bowl you over?   There are a plethora of painterly options available.  You can always paint your own if the artist in you is calling.


Wild Chairy

Then I saw this graceful watercolor beauty from the Kravet Couture line with it's Chinoiserie narrative and all bets were off.







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you read here at Carrie's Design Musings, consider leaving a comment wouldn't you? XO